Using Message Profiles to Send Messages from Different Email Accounts
If you need to send emails with a different email address or display name, ChilliDB Message
Profiles allow you to perform this activity.
Each ChilliDB user may have one or more Message Profiles associated with their user
login. Examples for Sales or Support activities would typically look like
"email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org", or
Each Message Profile also allows you to specify the Display Name which appears in the email recipients' email program (e.g. "Sales", "Support", and “Education”).
You could also create different Message Profiles for different types of communications you send (e.g. Email, SMS, Fax).
The following steps will lead you through setting up a Message Profile and sending an email to someone using that Message Profile.
1. Login to ChilliDB and navigate to "Preferences"
2. Select "Maintain Email Preferences"
3. If you have any existing Message Profiles, you will see them listed in a grid. To add a new
Message Profile, click “Create” which will pop-up a new window allowing you to create one.
4. Fill out the Message Profile details, in this case, we would like our emails to be sent from just “Chairman”, so we will set the “Sender Address Display Name” to “Chairman”. “Sender
Address Display Name” is the detail which is used when setting the Sender’s name for any
messages sent through ChilliDB. We are also going to call our Message Profile “Chairman”,
however it can be anything you like. Each Message Profile can have its own signature and
use a different Email Address too. When you are finished, click “Save” to save your changes.
5. You will now see your Message Profile listed and you will also see that it is set to be the
default profile. If you have more than one, you can nominate one as the default which will
be loaded into the Send Message screen.
6. To test your Message Profile, click “Send Message” in ChilliDB to create a new message. If you have only one Message Profile, then the Send Message window will show that profile
automatically and it will not provide functionality to switch between profiles. The following
image shows that the signature of the Message Profile we constructed has been loaded into
the Send Message window. The recipient’s name has been masked in this image for privacy.
If you have more than one profile, you will see a “Select Profile” option under “Actions”.
Clicking “Select Profile” will introduce a new drop down to the Send Message window which
shows your profiles and allows you to switch between them. When you switch between
message profiles, you will see that the content of the editor will change to match the
signature of the message profile.
7. When you have finished entering the details for your message, select “Send” to send your
message. When your message arrives at the recipient, you can see that it is from “Chairman” as we intended.