Membership Module User Guide
This article will explain how to setup and use the Membership Module. We will create a non-paying Membership package and then step through adding a contact, and discuss options for migrating contacts onto these packages.
Reference Data Setup
You should first check the reference data (drop down list items) for the Membership module. 1. Navigate to the Reference Table Maintenance screen, available from the System menu, locate Reference Data and select Create and Maintain
2. Select Membership Categorisation from the Select a table to maintain drop down list and click Display
a. Click the Add new entry link to bring up the edit page, and add the following items one at a time: Full, Associate, and individual
3. You may choose proceed to create Category and Sub Category values for each of these Types if you like.
4. From the Reference Table Maintenance screen, select Membership – Cancelled Reason and click the Display button
a. Click the Add new entry link to bring up the edit page, and add the following items one at a time: Moved, Retired, Financial, unsatisfied, unknown and Other
b. Using a standard set of cancellation reasons aids in reporting.
Create Membership Package
1. Navigate to the Add Membership screen, available from the Membership menu, and select Create
2. We will enter full for categorisation, 2019 Full Membership for the Description 1 Jan 19 for Start, 31 Dec 19 for End
3. Contact will be our Structure for this membership. This means this membership is for contacts only. Membership structures can be contact, organisation, or both
6. If you would like to collect payments for your membership, check the Is Chargeable checkbox. We will be leaving it un-checked.
7. If you would like the Membership module to automatically generate and maintain Distribution Lists for electronic communication containing your Members and Prospects, then check the Maintain Distribution List checkbox. We will check this box.
9. If you would like to track renewal dates, select yes for the Track Renewal Dates Field. This will be covered in a separate document
10. Member No. Settings can be used to generate member numbers with prefixes, suffixes, or padding.
8. Click the Save button to save your Membership package.
a. You will be taken to the Membership Details display page
You are now ready to add members to your membership package. You will arrive here after creating a membership package or from selecting one of your membership packages available by navigating Membership > Maintain
1. Click on the Create link in the Members tab located on the membership display page to create members with Member status. To create members with Prospect status, click create from the prospect tab.
2. In the Add Member screen, click on Find link to search for the Contact you would like add to your Membership Package
3. Since we chose to have our Membership Package generate Distribution Lists for us, you should next select one of your Contact’s available Email Addresses from the Address drop down list. The system will select Business Email address if one exists as the default. You may select any of the contacts addresses to use