Once a Survey invitation has been sent to your Contacts, Organisations and/ or Distribution Lists in ChilliDB you may wish to send a reminder to ensure the Survey is completed in your desired timeframe. You can use the filters above the grid to filter the Invitations to those who have not Commenced, Not Completed and a combination of the two.
Follow the below steps to send a reminder to recipients in a Survey:
1. Click in the checkbox to select recipient from the “Survey Invitation List” on the Invitations tab of the Survey.
2. Select Actions > Send Reminder.
3. A pop-up box will appear to validate the chosen recipients. Click Continue if recipient details are correct.
4. A Send Message pop-up box will display. Complete all mandatory fields such as To, Subject, and Categorisation. You may add additional recipients by clicking “Find” next to the “To” field. Follow the prompts to add additional recipients.
5. You need to enter the content for your Reminder. You have two options here:
Create your Invitation Content now
Just enter any content you like into the HTML Content and Plain Text Content sections of the form. The Plain Text Content is for those recipients who do not receive HTML emails, which is not many. It is best to copy the Content from the HTML field into the Plain Text so you are controlling the way your recipients receive the Reminder, regardless of how they read email. You will need to keep the link part of the existing content so your recipients can use the link to access the Survey. If you lose the existing content, you can use the Mail Merge Token and select the Survey token.
Use a Message Template
Select Action > Use Template.
Click checkbox for the template you wish to use, then click Load. This will now populate the email Reminder with the template.
You view a Template by selecting the Template Name.
You can use the Create Like link to duplicate an existing template, then make changes and save it to use.
You can Load an existing template.
You can Overwrite an existing template with the content back in the Send Message window to use again in future.
For this example, select Load to load a template. The Send Message screen will confirm that you want to replace its’ content with the content from the template and then, load all of the content from the template into the Send Message screen. Message Templates also include Subjects and Categorisation selections so the whole screen will change.
6. Test your message!
If you use Send Test from the Send Message screen and try send it to your own Organisation, then it will lead to unexpected results when it tries to pre-populate the Survey. The Sent Test in this scenario, is only useful to review the Message Templates until you are happy with it. To test the defaulting of information into your Survey, you need to create a Test Contact or Organisation in your system, and actually send the Invitation to that Contact or Organisation.
7. Once you are happy with your Reminder, click Send. Your Reminder to complete a Survey has now been sent to your chosen respondent(s).